Home Loans For First Time Buyers
Purchase Your First Home with Affordable Home Loans!
Purchasing your very first home is one of the most exciting yet stressful times of your life – with Home Loans however; the process can be made far simpler, allowing you to achieve your goal of property ownership in no time. Many people worry that they will never be able to afford to purchase a home, and for some people, it can be a very challenging task. The good news is that with the right partner, home loans for first time buyers are entirely achievable.
There are many factors that contribute to purchasing your first home, and the financial strain can be very high – something that puts off a large number of potential homeowners. Some of the things that you will need to consider include the following:
- Your individual or joint income
- The payment term that best suits your requirements
- Interest rates that you will be able to afford
- Property price and additional property costs that may be incurred
- Special requirements for fixed loans or interest only loans
- Financial changes over the next few years
To find out more about the best deals offered by Home Loans, simply complete the form below to have a customer service representative contact you within 24 hours.
What Every First Time Homeowner Should Know About Home Loans in South Africa
For many first time homeowners, finding a property that meets your needs is something that may take months to achieve. Whether you are searching for a compact family home that offers the perfect place for your children to grow up in, or a new apartment in the city, the search for a property that is in the right area, at the right price, with the right
features is no easy task. In the same way, finding the right partner for home loans in South Africa should also not be something that is done in haste.
Choosing a home financing provider without understanding exactly how the process works can cost you a fortune in hidden fees, high interest rate and unrealistic payment terms. Instead, take the time to find a financing partner who understands your specific needs, who will be able to work with you each step of the way as your financing needs change.
Some of the factors regarding home loans within South Africa include:
- Interest rates – these will change over time, but to begin with you should be getting a competitive interest rate that will not break the bank. Fixed interest rates are set at the same amount over time, while variable interest rates change as your financial needs change.
- Payment terms – depending on your budget and needs, payment terms can be selected over anything from ten to 20 years. This will allow you to afford your new home without falling into serious debt, with payment plans spread out over time to ensure that you can easily make your monthly payments.
- Loan qualification – you will qualify for different sized home loans depending on your income. Couples are able to combine income, while singles have a sole income that may affect whether they qualify for a larger loan. In this way, your financial needs are carefully considered to ensure that you do not risk serious debt.
- Additional costs – it is always a good idea to find out exactly what costs you may incur for your home loan. Some providers charge an early payment penalty for homeowners who pay off their loans before the prescribed date. Others may charge late payment penalties too. Don’t be afraid to ask about all potential costs before choosing your home financing partner.
Best Tips for First Time Buyer Home Loans
While it can be a hugely stressful step to purchase your first home, do not let the daunting process deter you from achieving your dreams of home ownership. To be prepared, make sure that you have all documentation ready so that you will be able to begin the process as soon as you have found your ideal homeloan partner. Set a budget, and do not be tempted to purchase property that is not within your budget – the most effective way to ensure that you are able to finance your home is to choose property that you can realistically afford to purchase.
Home Loans makes the process as pain-free and simple, with a wide range of loan plans that suit every budget and specific needs. This allows you to focus on the excitement of finding your dream home, along with all the plans that you have to make it your own.